Oct 31, 2017
Halloween is upon us! Which seemed like the perfect time for Tracey and Cayly to talk about fear.
Specifically, they are asking the question: How do you know if fear is keeping you from making a mistake or is moving you “closer to the truth” as Pema Chodron tells us?
This question — and the ensuing conversation — was inspired by a listener, who wanted to know how to differentiate between the kind of fear that propels you towards growth and the kind of fear that is legitimately trying to protect you from acting recklessly when faced with a seemingly risky personal or professional decision.
In this discussion, Tracey and Cayly talk about how they address fear in their own lives, how they approach risks, and some of the tools they use when trying to making difficult choices.
Other questions considered:
Does everything happen for a reason?
Does the Universe have your back?
Are we ever 100% ready to do anything?
This conversation was a good one and they sincerely hope you enjoy it. As always, if you're liking the show, please head over to the show page and leave a 5-star rating or review. Tracey and Cayly would really appreciate it!
Highlights from this episode:
- Cayly as an orca doing pull ups (https://www.instagram.com/p/BazUspblgqE/?taken-by=cayly.c)
- How do you know if you should take a risk in spite of fear or if the fear is protecting you from acting recklessly?
- How fear both hinders our growth and protects us
- Episode about the stories we tell ourselves
- Fear and attachment, episode about attachment
- Tracey’s experience of confronting the fear that came up before and after her divorce and how she knew the fear was pushing her towards growth
- How communing with her future self helps Cayly makes tough decisions
- Brene Brown (http://brenebrown.com/)
- Investment without attachment
- Why Cayly trusts that she’ll be fine no matter what and how she pushes past being risk averse by nature
- How owning her imperfections helps Tracey feel less afraid
- Why Cayly regularly entertains the thought that her relationship might end
- The importance of not circumventing difficult emotions and the pitfalls of spiritual bypassing
- Do Tracey and Cayly believe everything happens for a reason?
- Come As You Are by Emily Nagoski (https://www.amazon.com/Come-You-Are-Surprising-Transform/dp/1476762090)
- The power of relinquishing control and allowing the Universe to hold us
- Patton Oswalt: Annihilation on Netflix (https://www.netflix.com/title/80177406)
- The role of self-trust in confronting our fears
- Are we ever 100% ready to do anything?
- And more!