Dec 19, 2017
Oh hey! This weekâ€™s episode will be the last one of 2017.
What? I know! But Tracey and Cayly need a little vacation. Plus, this gives you time to catch up on all the episodes you missed these past several months so that youâ€™re all ready for the new season starting on January 3rd of 2018.
To wrap up the year, Tracey and Cayly are talking all about New Yearâ€™s resolutions. Should you make them? Do they make them? Are resolutions actually helpful?
In this conversation, the ladies offer some advice on entering into next year on a positive note, explore some of the reasons resolutions donâ€™t stick, and explore what you can do instead of setting resolutions that might actually set you up for success in the coming months.
As always, reviews and 5-star ratings are appreciated, so please hop over to the show page in iTunes and tell the world how much you love the show!
Thanks, friends! Happy Holidays! Weâ€™ll see you again on January 3rd!
Highlights from this episode:
- Do Tracey and Cayly make New Yearâ€™s resolutions?
- Traceyâ€™s Winter Solstice tradition with her kids
- Intention-setting vs. resolutions
- How resolutions can set us up for failure
- Focusing more on feeling states vs. specific outcomes
- Caylyâ€™s New Yearâ€™s ritual for the past few years
- Why Tracey and Cayly love ritual so much
- How identifying your values can enhance intention-setting
- Why the emotion or desired feeling behind a goal matters
- What was Caylyâ€™s number one intention for 2017?
- The benefit of identifying hard things you have done â€” a callback to episode 21 (http://organicacupunctureportland.com/curious-curiouser-podcast-episode-21-gourmet-twinkies-personal-growth-the-self-help-rabbit-hole/)
- What are some things you did this year that the you of 2016 would be surprised to know youâ€™ve done?
- Episode 16 about building confidence (http://organicacupunctureportland.com/curious-curiouser-podcast-episode-16-confidence-intuition-and-learning-to-trust-yourself/)
- How do Tracey and Cayly feel about resolutions regarding diet and exercise? Are they actually helpful?
- Why Tracey and Cayly are looking to cultivate more woo next year
- The Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D. (https://www.amazon.com/Women-Who-Run-Wolves-Archetype/dp/0345409876)
- Are spiritually and woo-ness mutually exclusive with science?
- How Cayly approached ritual and spirituality after leaving the Mormon church
- How Tracey created her Solstice rituals
- Incorporating fire into your rituals
- And more!