Jul 11, 2018
Episode 66: Dating, Productivity, Femininity, & Why It Might Be Okay That You’re Like That
In this week’s episode of the podcast, Tracey and Cayly are asking the question: Is it okay that I’m like this?
In this discussion, they talk about dating, masculine and feminine energies, being messy people, the stable nature of core personality traits over our lifetime, how to make change while also honoring who you are, and what questions to ask yourself before changing a behavior or habit or thought pattern to make sure it’s something that actually needs to be changed.
This is a wide-ranging conversation that Tracey and Cayly hope leaves you feeling a little bit more self-compassionate. If you find the episode useful, entertaining, or generally enjoyable, please consider leaving the show a 5-star rating and/or review in iTunes. Tracey and Cayly would really appreciate your support!
And don’t forget! You can now donate to the podcast through PayPal by going here or by sending your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org from your PayPal account. Tracey and I want to be able to continue making the show and would like to also improve sound quality, etc. going forward, but we need your help to make this happen. Even a $1 donation makes a difference. So, if you’ve been listening for a while and you’ve been helped by anything we’ve said on the show, please consider making a donation today. Thanks, y’all!
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Episode 51 on Procrastination (http://organicacupunctureportland.com/curious-curiouser-podcast-episode-51-procrastinate/)
- Big five personality traits (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits)
- The Enneagram Institute (https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/)
- Messy: The Power of Disorder to Transform Our Lives by Tim Harford (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1594634807?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=1594634807)
- Dan Siegel
- Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation by Dan Siegel (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0553386395?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=0553386395)
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha by Tara Brach (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0553380990?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=0553380990)
- Episode Can We Have It All?
- Balance is a lie (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkdagy2h0dp/?taken-by=cayly.c)
Piquing Our Curiosity:
There is Nothing Wrong With You: Going Beyond Self-Hate by Cheri Huber (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0971030901?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=0971030901), a wonderful little book that is an absolute joy to read and that will help you cultivate a bit more self-compassion.