Aug 8, 2018
JUICY TOPIC ALERT! Today, Tracey and Cayly are talking all about money. It’ s an important topic that they believe often gets overlooked in the health and wellness industry. So get ready for an open, honest, transparent dialogue about a subject that makes most of us uncomfortable.
Tracey and Cayly talk about money in partnerships and what it means to either combine or not combine finances.
They talk about navigating friendships when your income is either significantly higher or lower than the people with whom you are spending your time, particularly when it comes to planning big events likes weddings and other potentially expensive trips.
They also talk about how the attitude your parents had toward money when you were a kid often unconsciously affect your beliefs about money in your own life as an adult.
Tracey and Cayly also discuss the shame we often feel when it comes to our financial situations, why talking about money shouldn’t be taboo, and why women especially need to educate themselves about finances.
This conversation is GOOD. Tracey and Cayly sincerely hope you enjoy it. If you do, please consider leaving the show a 5-star rating or review in iTunes. This is SO appreciated, as it helps Tracey and Cayly reach a wider audience with their message.
And, finally, if you’d like to support the podcast by making a donation, you can do so through Paypal here. Tracey and Cayly sincerely appreciate it.
Resources from the episode (and beyond):
- The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0393353974?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=0393353974)
- Worth It: Your Life, Your Money, Your Terms by Amanda Steinberg (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1501141007?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=1501141007)
- Daily Worth (https://www.dailyworth.com/)
- Dave Ramsey (https://www.daveramsey.com/)
- Debts to Riches on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/debtstoriches/)
- You Are a Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0735222975?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=0735222975)
Piquing Our Curiosity:
Brightening Balm by Outer Wisdom Herbals (https://www.etsy.com/listing/521957742/brightening-balm?ref=listing-shop-header-1), made locally in Portland, OR. “This Balm is loaded with herbs, oils , essential oils, and butters that are packed with vitamin C and D and iron. From time to time our complexions get dull,dry, in need of a little boost, which is what the brightening Balm is for. It hydrates, nourishes, and brings light back to tired complexions.” Find it on etsy here (https://www.etsy.com/listing/521957742/brightening-balm?ref=listing-shop-header-1) or at The Portland Girl (http://theportlandgirl.com/).