Oct 11, 2018
On this week’s episode of the podcast, Tracey and Cayly are talking about Brett Kavanaugh and his confirmation to the Supreme Court, and offering some thoughts on what we can do in the wake of this horrendous decision.
Other things discussed include:
- How to talk to kids (both boys and girls) about this subject
- Why we shouldn’t despair
- Why we can’t allow ourselves to become apathetic
- How we can affect real change right now and focus on the things we can control
- Why it is essential that we vote and that we educated ourselves about candidates instead of blindly voting along party lines
- The difference between healthy anger vs narcissistic rage
- And so much more
Tracey and Cayly hope this conversation provides some useful insights and possibly even solace to those of you reeling in the aftermath of the Kavanaugh hearings and his eventual confirmation to the Supreme Court.
As always, please consider leaving the podcast a 5-star review or rating in iTunes if you haven’t yet. Tracey and Cayly would really appreciate it!
Don’t despair about the Supreme Court by Howard Zinn (https://progressive.org/op-eds/howard-zinn-despair-supreme-court/)
Why I’m Leaving the Republican Party by Tom Nichols (https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/tom-nichols-why-im-leaving-republican-party/572419/)
Joseph Kosper for Congress (https://kopserforcongress.com/)
Hope in the Dark by Rebecca Solnit (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1608465764?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=1608465764)
Piquing Our Curiosity:
KP elements (https://kpelements.com/), products designed for the treatment of Keratosis Pilaris and which Tracey uses herself and highly recommends.