Dec 21, 2018
In this week’s episode, Tracey and Cayly are talking about the difference between a toxic person and someone who just isn’t compatible with you. They’re discussing the overuse of the term “toxic people” and why they are not huge fans of this verbiage. They also talk about bids for connection, how to build resonance with another person, and how to know when it’s time to let go of a relationship, including friendships.
Other topics include:
- Why socially decluttering someone doesn’t automatically mean they’re toxic
- Why Tracey and Cayly don’t like the term “toxic people”
- How labeling people as toxic can lead to feelings of superiority
- How attachment styles apply to friendships as well as intimate partnerships
- Resonance and attunement in relationships
- Building resonance and attunement through presence
- Are there times when resonance with another person is impossible?
- How do you know when it’s time to let go?
- Being generous with our assumptions in relationships
- Getting rid of vs. letting go of
- And more!
As always, reviews and 5-star ratings are greatly appreciated. Please head over to iTunes to leave one today if you haven’t yet. It only takes a few minutes and does a lot to help us reach a wider audience with the show! Don’t forget, if you’d like to support the podcast by making a donation, you can do so through Paypal here. Thank you!
Dr. Death podcast (https://wondery.com/shows/dr-death/)
Episode 10 about attachment (http://organicacupunctureportland.com/curious-curiouser-podcast-episode-10-attachment-and-relationships/)
Episode 4 about social decluttering (http://organicacupunctureportland.com/curious-curiouser-podcast/)
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592408419?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=1592408419)
There is Nothing Wrong With You by Cheri Huber (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0971030901?ie=UTF8&tag=caylymarisa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=0971030901)
Piquing Our Curiosity:
Light + Paper (https://lightandpapershop.com/), an online shop created by Ali Harrison, selling beautiful, laser cut paper and wood housewares/art. Her work is beautiful and I highly recommend checking her out. You can find her on Instagram here (https://www.instagram.com/lightandpaperali/) and her shop online here (https://lightandpapershop.com/#).