Jan 1, 2019
Happy New Year, y’all! For this week’s episode of the podcast, Tracey and Cayly are doing a bit of a year in review and talking about how they are approaching intention-setting this year.
Specific topics include:
- What’s something you’ve done this year that would surprise the you of the previous year?
- More subtle indicators of growth and celebrating our evolution
- Recognizing non-tangible accomplishments
- Do we plan to set in intentions this year?
- Alternatives to resolutions or intentions
- Cardiovascular health, heart rate variability (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_rate_variability), and emotional health
- Allowing yourself to be the villain in someone else’s story
- What we’re focusing on this year
- How we’ve both changed our approach to fitness and movement
- What do we think about aesthetic goals?
- Aging and why we don’t like the term “anti-aging”
- Our thoughts on diet- and exercise-related goals
- Letting go of our egos in the gym
- How Tracey and Cayly make changes to their diets
- Cayly’s experience cutting out alcohol
- The benefits of experimenting on yourself
- Using intentions or resolutions as a way to gather information about yourself
- And more!
Tracey and Cayly hope you find this conversation helpful and that it offers some useful insights you can apply to your own intention-setting process this year.
As always, reviews and 5-star ratings are greatly appreciated. Please head over to iTunes to leave one today if you haven’t yet. It only takes a few minutes and does a lot to help us reach a wider audience with the show! Don’t forget, if you’d like to support the podcast by making a donation, you can do so through Paypal here. Thank you!
Girls With Heads (https://www.facebook.com/events/1273262846090881/)
Episode 78 about tragedy striking someone you love (http://organicacupunctureportland.com/curious-curiouser-podcast-episode-78-when-tragedy-strikes-someone-you-love-how-to-empathize-without-surrendering-your-joy/)
Episode 79 about not putting up with nonsense and stories other people tell about you (http://organicacupunctureportland.com/curious-curiouser-podcast-episode-79-you-dont-have-to-put-up-with-nonsense-other-truths-about-the-holidays/)
Brene Brown (https://brenebrown.com/)
Liz Winters of Sprout Wellness (http://www.sproutwellnesspdx.com/)
Food as Medicine on Cayly’s website (http://organicacupunctureportland.com/on-food-as-medicine/)
Abby Bliss White of Bliss Holistic Health (https://blissholistichealth.com/)
Piquing Our Curiosity:
Multnomah County Library (https://multcolib.bibliocommons.com). I love the library, y’all. I use it all the time. Use it, love it, save yourself some money.