Apr 10, 2017
In this episode, Tracey and Cayly explore how owning the seemingly crazy things about yourself can be beneficial and actually create more intimacy in your relationships. Highlights include:
- “Why You Will Marry the Wrong Person” (Please note that we attributed this article to Oliver Burkeman instead of Alain de Botton, who actually wrote it. Oops! Sorry!)
- Naming the elephant in the room
- Brene Brown and the antidote to shame
- Who do you share your crazy and shame story with?
- Sharing your crazy and building trust
- How Cayly and Tracey both own their crazy with their current partners
- Building intimacy by being vulnerable
- How owning your crazy with a partner can normalize it
- Naming your idiosyncrasies gives others permission to do the same
- Taking responsibility for your own stuff even while sharing it with others
- Self-compassion and allowing yourself to be imperfect
- And more!